Thursday, January 30, 2020

Major Fail

                                        Black Fried Chicken

Before I start on my black fried chicken, let me give you some background information. First of all, no one and I mean no one taught me how to cook anything throughout my young teenage years (except my aunt who taught me to make tuna lol) so I had no clue how to cook anything. Second, I was a newly married 20 year old who wanted to help husband cook and maybe impress him a little bit ( with absolutely no cooking experience) and so on with my story.
One day my lovely husband decided he wanted fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and baked beans for supper before he headed to work. I know that meal sounds good right! WRONG! Not by the time I'm done with it!  Anyways..... So my husband starts heating up the oil for the chicken and realizes he needs something else from the store. He tells me "When the oil heats up enough turn it down, I'll be right back." (Bad Move!)
Well my absolutely brilliant self decided I was going to help my husband get some of the chicken done(yep! extra crispy!)
Therefore, I get a piece of chicken and put it in the pan, oil starts popping everywhere and within a few minutes I have black chicken and a house filled with thickest cloud of smoke I've ever seen. (I Forgot To Turn The Oil Down!) So I turned the stove off and started opening windows and of course I didn't have time to cover up my mistake because as soon as I got the windows open my husband pulls up. He walked to me from the car and I tell him what it did and he still laughs about it today. I'm pretty sure he will never let me live it down even after 10 years of marriage. Oh, and just so you know now 10 years later I still don't cook fried chicken lol. 
So that was my big fail. What's yours? Is yours worse that mine?

Image result for black fried chicken                 Image result for house filled with smoke from cooking


 This is what my chicken looked like! And what my house looked like with the smoke coming out of it since it was such a small house!

No comments:

Post a Comment